Aphrodisiac foods that feed your sex drive
Have you ever thought about boosting your “sexual appetite” with aphrodisiac food? Being a fan of natural remedies I would definitely grab one of the below listed snacks if I needed something to pump up my sex drive. Of course, we all eat these things from every now and then without being horny all the time, but hey, why not give it a go with a “firmly directed purpose” this time? Maybe eat two bananas instead of one and see what happens. ;) If it won’t work for your libido then you did something good for your overall health and had some yummy and healthy treat. So, have fun and just spread love with or without these delicious foods!
Love, Nina xxx
1. Hot Chilies - Capsaicin, a chemical found in fiery peppers, increases circulation to get blood pumping and stimulates nerve endings so you will feel more turned on.
2. Asparagus and avocado - The vitamin E in these green eats helps your body churn out hormones like testosterone, oestrogen, and progesterone, which circulate in your bloodstream and stimulate sexual responses like clitoral swelling and vaginal lubrication.
3. Bananas - Another reason to think about sex when you wrap your lips around this phallus-shaped fruit: Bananas deliver potassium, a nutrient key to muscle strength. So when you orgasm, the contractions will be super-intense.
4. Chocolat - Cocoa contains the chemical phenylethylamine, a stimulant that conjures just the sort of subtle feelings of well-being and excitement that make sex seem like a great idea. No wonder that chocolate is one of the most popular gift that couples give each other for Valentine’s day.
5. Oysters - We know, we know: oysters as an aphrodisiac sounds so clichéd, but they really can spark randiness. These shellfish are brimming with zinc, a mineral that cranks up the production of testosterone, which has been linked to a higher sex drive.
6. Pomegranates - The pom owes its passion power to antioxidants, which protect the lining of blood vessels, allowing more blood to course through them. The upshot? Increased genital sensitivity.
7. Red Wine - Besides relaxing you faster than a neck rub can, red wine contains resveratrol, an antioxidant that helps boost blood flow and improves circulation before and during intercourse.
8. Salmon and Walnuts - They are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which keep sex-hormone production at its peak. Pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds also contain the good stuff.
9. Vanilla - Post-dinner, devour ice cream flavored with this sweet bean. It mildly stimulates nerves, making sexual sensations feel even better.
10. Watermelon - Make yours a watermelon martini. The juicy fruit contains the phytonutrient citrulline, which leads to an uptick in the amount of nitric oxide in your body. That spike causes blood vessels to relax and speeds up circulation. As a result, you will get more aroused in less time.